Plenty of golden experiences both inside and outside Prague
The golden city of Prague is the best starting point for a visit to the young Czech Republic. Here you'll find everything from ancient historical buildings and horse-drawn carriage rides to the hippest clubs, the best restaurants, the original pilsner beer and fashionable boutiques. And, of course, a trip over the Charles Bridge.
Many Danes have been to Prague before, but few of them know the area as well as we do. We know the small local restaurants, the activities and what's on offer outside the city, where plenty of nature and extraordinary experiences await.
In new and old surroundings
In Prague and the Czech Republic you will always experience a combination of new and old. Prague is often the focal point, but getting out of the city for a shorter or longer period of time gives you a great change of pace. Below you'll find a selection of options:
- Balloon flight at Karlstejn Castle south of Prague - take-off from hotel
- VIP tour of a brewery with the opportunity to brew your own beer
- Dragon boat race on the Vltava River in the centre of Prague
- VIP wine tasting in the cellars of the Prague Castle
- Canoeing in the Karlstejn area, where it is possible to sail all the way to the hotel
- Segway city tour in Prague Old Town
- Private dinner cruises on the river
- Horse-drawn carriage rides, either as a tour or as transport to a restaurant
Few places are as well connected from Copenhagen as Prague. With three airlines flying daily, there's plenty of flexibility. From Billund, there are few direct flights and you often won't avoid a stopover. But these can be made very short, so total travel time from Billund is three and a half hours at most.